Be aware of altitude sickness either make sure you are well acclimated to the region we had just one day and that was, with hindsight, not enough or start taking medication for altitude sickness!!! We had lunch in Chavay and were dropped off at our hotel Tradicion in Yanqua, would also recommend!!
We tried to visit the hot spings there but it was too much to walk for us with the allitude and we returned to the hotel after visiting the center of town. The next day we continued our trip towards one of the deepest points of the canyon where we saw the condors fly and after this we started our return to Arrequipa. All in all a very busy tourist attraction, you do not want to miss out on! Great adventure esp. Then hike down to the oasis very basic accommodation. Hike up during the night to experience a wonderful sunrise.
Highly recommended can also be to undertake this adventure with a professional and experienced tour guide. Be careful with young "guides" as we observed them as non caring about their people, uneducated in mountain guiding and safety issues. We trekked with Johselm Canto who knows Colca Canyon like the back of one's hand incl. It can be stated that Colca Canyon has more to offer then just a day trip to the overcrowded Condors viewing spot - unveiled with your own passion for outdoor activities and supported with a professional guide. Thus highly recommended for nature and hiking lovers.
Flights Vacation Rentals Restaurants Things to do.
The Story Behind El Cóndor Pasa – from Peruvian Folk Song to Global Hit
Cart 0. Tip: All of your saved places can be found here in My Trips. Log in to get trip updates and message other travelers. Profile Join.
El Condor Pasa (If I Could), a song by Simon & Garfunkel on Spotify
Log in Join. El condor pasa - Colca Canyon.
Colca Canyon. Book In Advance.
- El Condor Pasa - Daniel Alomia Robles - Solo Ukulele Arrangement | Soundslice!
- Mind Over Matter.
- At Home in Nature Vol. 2: Forbs (At Home in Nature - A Users Guide).
- Living with Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Individuals and Families.
- Scritti scelti (Italian Edition);
- Recuentos para Demian (Spanish Edition).
See More Tours. El condor pasa. Review of Colca Canyon. Date of experience: August Ask Karincccc about Colca Canyon.
Thank Karincccc. See all 5, reviews. Ways to Experience Colca Canyon. Quick View. More Info. Colca Canyon: 2 Day Tour from Arequipa.
- Memory, Politics and Identity: Haunted by History.
- "El Condor Pasa (If I Could)" lyrics.
- Prairie Lullaby.
Colca Canyon in One Day from Arequipa. Shop Tickets And Tours.
Songs In the Dark
Shop Now. Family Friendly. Reviews 5, Write a Review.
Filter reviews. Traveler rating. Excellent 3, Very good 1, Average Poor Terrible Traveler type. Time of year.
- Your browser is not supported.
- El condor pasa - Review of Colca Canyon, Arequipa Region, Peru - TripAdvisor;
- Learning from Others: Children’s Construction of Concepts (Annual Review of Psychology Book 60).
- Push at Open Doors - mindfulness for success, health, wealth, and happiness;
- Greatest Tennis Players to Ever Play the Game Top 100!
Language All languages. All languages. English 2, Spanish 1, Portuguese More languages. French Italian German Performer: Simon and Garfunkel. I'd [ Em ] rather be a sparrow than a [ G ] snail. A [ C ] way, I'd rather sail away. Like a [ G ] swan that's here and gone. A [ C ] man gets tied up to the ground. He gives the [ G ] world its saddest sound. Its [ B7 ] saddest [ Em ] sound.